Keywords: IT infrastructure Engineer, IT infrastructure, Engineer, Technical Support, Software Engineering, Active Directory, MS Exchange, HyperV, Vmware, Systems Center, Backup, Virtualization
Role Purpose: • Experience of 6 to 8 years in relevant field.
• Provides implementation and technical support in distributed system environments for Workplace, Mobile, Windows Server 2008/2012/2016/2019, Active Directory, MS Exchange, HyperV/Vmware in on premise, hybrid and/or cloud options.
• Provides technical expertise for Second/Third level on issues related to Servers, local services, hardware and software, workplace and server configuration, and to ensure that client needs are met.
Able to support for workplaces or servers – remotely as well as onsite. Supports maintenance and upgrades of Wintel computer environments.
• Performs risk and consequence assessment for client environment; assists in identifying cost reduction opportunities to safeguard company and client interests.
• Support periodic maintenance and upgrades of Wintel computer environments which includes firmware upgrade, patching activities, applications’ patching or updates.
• Should be able to troubleshoot issues related to repetitive incidents for users and business. Should have thorough understanding of AD, Systems Center, Backup, Virtualization, Disaster Recovery etc.
• Should have strong experience in cluster environments and High Availability +Disaster Recovery.
• Setting up and maintaining hardware and network infrastructure in multiple locations
• Documenting user manuals on process flows and new requirements after coordinating with teams on new features
• Ensuring all processes are being followed daily
• Troubleshooting system issues and escalating them to support teams if needed
• Maintaining internal and external SLA’s, internal knowledge base and IT asset database.
• Experience with cloud platforms like Azure, AWS.
• Experience in Microsoft 365 solutions.